Residential Support Worker
£24,540 - £27,426
Downloadable Job Files
- Apply Now
Residential Support Worker
Grantham/Vale of Belvoir (NG32, NG13)
£24,540 - £27,426 dependent on number of sleeps**
Fully Funded Blue light card and cash back scheme including dental, optical and physiotherapy.
Do you want to make a positive difference to a child’s life? If so, then look no further.
At Edison Young People we create positive memories and experiences for our children that last a lifetime, where they feel cared for, safe and secure. With over 20 beautifully designed homes and three independent schools, we have lots of career opportunities for those who wish to develop as we grow the business to provide even more safe havens for vulnerable children in our area.
No two days are the same here at Edison Young People. If you want to be part of a small, dedicated team of support workers who work hard to meet the challenges of working with children up to 17 years old with a wide range of emotional needs, then we have the role for you.
You’re not just joining a home, you’re becoming part of a dedicated family unit that’s providing effective safeguarding of children in their care.
What do I get in return for being a Residential Support Worker?
In addition to working in modern home environment with a small, dedicated team of colleagues who are passionate about providing the best care for the children, you will also receive:
- Competitive hourly rates of pay of between £10.00 and £10.61 per hour and sleep in rates of £45.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme of £500 *
- Fully Funded Blue light card which gains you access to fantastic discounts across high street stores, restaurants and more.
- Free meals whilst on shift, encouraging everyone to eat together as you would at home and encourage social interaction
- Contributions to your pension through the auto-enrolment scheme
- Fully funded cash back medical scheme towards optical, dental and physiotherapy.
- Extensive induction programme for all new starters
- Fully funded training and development programmes, leading to accredited qualifications which can support career development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) through BUPA to provide financial, health and wellbeing advice and guidance
What would be expected from me as a Residential Support Worker?
- Willingness to work towards a funded diploma in children, young people and families practitioner (if you don’t already have this or an equivalent)
- Be flexible to work shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in’s. On average you would work 11 shifts (8am – 11pm) per month and between 7-10 sleep ins.
- Be over the age of 21, hold a full UK manual driving license and have the right to work in the UK
- Be kind and caring with a good sense of humour, ability to develop relationships with our children and also have a good work ethic to be prepared to “muck in” with your colleagues
- Ideally have experience of working with or caring for children, as a support worker, residential care worker or personal experience, but more importantly having life skill from a range of backgrounds as we can train the rest
What will I be doing as a Residential Support Worker?
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in all the little things that, whilst may go unnoticed by the children, make a massive difference to their overall quality of life. Things like:
- Making sure they’re up on time for school, have a good breakfast inside them in order to engage in the education system positively
- Getting their evening meals ready and planning things for them to do when they get home
- Helping them work through their homework (there’s always google!)
- Encouraging them to get involved in activities or to just relax and feel at home as part of developing their physical and mental health and wellbeing, from social and leisure activities and helping with hobbies such as football, netball, musical instruments or playing video games
- Keeping up to date with paperwork and reporting in order for the home to run effectively and compliantly
- Making sure the house is kept clean and tidy so that everyone takes pride in the home
** Average of 7 – 10 sleeps per month INDE